Packet Pushers Interactive is neither a traditional media organization nor a news reporting organization.
We are more like an analyst firm. We carefully curate technology news for our audience and add a healthy dose of perspective based on our careers in technology and journalism. That’s what our audience expects from us.
Where To Send Your Pitch
Pitches We Will Not React To
- Podcast guest appearance requests (review our sponsorship program to learn how to place your clients on our network)
- Article posting or link exchange requests
- Executive moves or hires
- Honors bestowed upon a product, including Gartner positioning
- Customer acquisitions
- New vendor surveys or reports published
- Consumer-related products (gadgets, apps, etc.)
Pitches We’re Interested In
We look for press releases announcing significant product advancements. We want to communicate this sort of information to our audience of senior engineers. In particular, we are interested in:
- Companies emerging from stealth
- New product releases & software updates
- Technology deep-dives
- Emerging use cases
Technologies Covered By Packet Pushers Interactive
Our focus is on IT infrastructure. We cover technology from a practitioner perspective. We like to explain to our audience what it is, how it works, and why they should care.
- Networking–routing, switching, ADCs, hardware, optics, cabling, ASICs, FPGAs, DPUs, SmartNICs, intent-based, MPLS
- Wireless–802.11ax, Wi-Fi 6, access points, 5G, private 5G
- WAN, SD-WAN, SASE
- Data center & SDN–BGP EVPN, VXLAN, fabric, controllers, overlays, underlays
- Whitebox & disaggregation–emerging NOS’s, Linux networking, non-traditional stacks
- Systems management–telemetry, monitoring, compliance, dashboards
- Cloud–public, private, hybrid, AWS, Azure, GCP
- Automation & orchestration–Kubernetes, tooling, devops, APIs, Terraform, GitHub, GitLab, CI/CD
- Visibility, observability, systems management–tracing, logging, dashboards, SNMP, telemetry
- Security–firewalls, IDS/IPS, microsegmentation, VPN, encryption
- Enterprise IoT & IIoT
- Edge computing
Where We (Might) Cover Your News
- The Network Break podcast. This show is published weekly, covering the IT industry broadly and data networking specifically.
- The Briefings In Brief podcast. This show features highlights of the briefings we’ve taken.
- The Human Infrastructure Magazine newsletter. HIM is published weekly.
- Our news feed. We write stories about briefings we believe might affect our audience.
Audience reach on all of these properties ranges from mid four figures to low five figures.
Our View On Timeliness And Exclusivity
Packet Pushers Interactive honors embargos. However, we do not compete for breaking stories or exclusive coverage. We don’t play the SEO game. Our business is not defined by page views, clicks, or banner ad impressions.
The perspective we bring is not affected by publishing as soon as an embargo lifts. While we might publish in such a fashion, we do not prioritize it. We’ll always take the time to tell the story in a way we believe will benefit our audience.